The buzz about the Muse Awards is that it’s all about the speeches. It’s not a surprise as the event is an intimate gathering of women in entertainment and those who support them. It’s a safe place for women to talk openly about their experience in entertainment.
This 2012 acceptance speech from Muse winner Mariska Hargitay is a taste of what to expect:
The Muse Awards takes place in Manhattan on Thursday, December 10 at 11:30 AM but won’t air on national television and that’s part of its charm. However, you can catch a glimpse of the Red Carpet in the entertainment news. Plus, you can keep up with every exciting moment by following NYWIFT’s official Muse Awards tweeters, Terisa Thurman and Judy Davis. Find them on Twitter at @sfterisa and @Writerjudy. They will use #nywiftmuse.
This year you can expect to hear reflection from women who truly inspire others. The nominees include:
· Gabourey Sidibe – Academy and Golden Globe Award-nominated actress
· Blythe Danner – Tony and Emmy Award-winning actress
· Patricia Clarkson – Emmy Award-winning actress
· Sarah Barnett – President and General Manager of BBC America
· Victoria Alonso – Executive Vice President of Physical Production at Marvel
· Lizz Winstead – Comedienne, Co-creator of The Daily Show and founder of Lady Parts Justice
Of course for the ultimate experience join us in person. Tickets are on sale now at NYWIFT.org.